Letter to the Editor by State Representative Livvy Floren
The ugly din of rancor and false allegations prevails … name calling, rudeness and riled tempers. One of the demeaning epithets being hurled is: “Republicans are merely the party of no.”
I beg to differ. My party is actually and factually the party of KNOW.
Some Republican truths are:
- state budgets are best when bipartisan
- most Connecticut voters do not want tolls
- the “debt diet” and a hard bond cap are excellent initiatives
- economies of scale and shared services are viable goals to be locally determined
- the transportation lockbox and “Prioritize Progress” offer reasonable means to accomplish needed infrastructure improvements
- increased taxes will not solve the deficit
- quality of life issues – jobs, the economy, education and access to healthcare – are of paramount importance to all Connecticut residents.
The laudable list of positive and informed Republican principles goes on and on. There are ways to make our state a better place to live, work and raise a family. We know!
Livvy Floren, state representative, Greenwich and Stamford