Eversource Greenwich Substation and Line Project Construction Update
Week of January 5
Please note that the schedule is approximate and subject to change.
Greenwich Substation Construction
· Activities such as rock drilling, foundation installation and equipment deliveries will continue between the hours of 7 a.m. and 7 p.m., seven days a week. At times, Field Point Road will be closed in accordance with Substation Detour Plan 1 in support of the substation construction.
· We anticipate construction of the new substation will be complete by end of summer 2020.
Underground Transmission Line Construction
Day Work Activities:
· Indian Harbor Drive & Davis Avenue: Excavation and rock removal will continue in Indian Harbor Drive and Davis Avenue. This work will occur between 7 a.m. and 6 p.m. Monday through Friday, and 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturdays with a single lane closure and alternating traffic.
· Indian Harbor Crossing: Excavation work will begin in the vicinity of the Indian Harbor crossing in Davis Avenue and Bruce Park Drive. This work will occur Monday through Friday, between 7 a.m. and 6 p.m. and Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Traffic detours on Bruce Park Drive will be implemented as shown in Traffic Detour Plan 5B. Residents and their guests within road closure areas will still be able to access their homes. Please let the on-site police officers know the address of your destination so that they may direct you through the detours.
· Bruce Park Drive: Excavation and duct bank installation will continue in Bruce Park Drive. Bruce Park Drive will be closed between Indian Field Road and Woods Road during the hours of 7 a.m. and 6 p.m. Monday through Friday, and 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturdays. Traffic detours will be implemented as shown in Traffic Detour Plan 5. Residents and their guests will still be able to access their homes within the road closure area. Please let the on-site police officers know the address of your destination so that they may direct you through the detours.
· Woods Road: Woods Road in Bruce Park remains closed for the winter in accordance with Traffic Detour Plan 6 to provide equipment and material storage space for the underground line work in Bruce Park. A temporary fence has been installed around the work area, however pedestrian trails in Bruce Park will remain open.
· I-95 Crossing: The crossing underneath I-95 will continue in the grassy medians between the I-95 Exit 4 ramps. This work will take place between 7 a.m. and 6 p.m. Monday through Friday, and between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. on Saturdays. For more information on the crossing method, please refer to the Development and Management Plan.
Night Work Activities:
· Railroad Avenue: Rock Removal is expected to resume this week in the vicinity of the contractor laydown yard at 281 Railroad Avenue. This work will occur at night, Sunday through Thursday, from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. Railroad Avenue will be closed during the nighttime work hours and traffic will be detoured as shown in Traffic Detour Plan 11. Access will be maintained to all residences and businesses via the detour.
· Museum Drive: Rock removal will continue on Museum Drive near Bruce Museum. A second crew will continue duct bank installation near the intersection of Indian Harbor Drive. This work will be done at night, Sunday through Thursday, from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. Museum Drive will be closed during these nighttime work hours. Traffic will be detoured as shown in Traffic Detour Plan 9A.
· Indian Field Road: Duct bank installation will continue on Indian Field Road between the I-95 Exit 4 ramp and Cobb Island Drive. This work will take place at night, Sunday through Thursday, from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. Traffic will be detoured as shown in Traffic Detour Plan 4.
· I-95 Exit 4: The I-95 Exit 4 northbound on-ramp located on Indian Field Road will be closed at night for excavation, rock removal and duct bank installation. The ramp closure will be in effect Sunday through Thursday nights from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. as shown in Traffic Detour Plan 3.
For more information you may visit the Project Website: eversource.com/content/ct-c/about/projects-infrastructure/projects/connecticut-transmission-projects/greenwich-substation-line-project
If you have questions about this project, please call 1-800-793-2202 or email ProjectInfo@eversource.com, or you may contact our dedicated Project Representative Krystal Harwick at firstname.lastname@example.org or (570) 688-7568.